Isle of Skye Destination Wedding // Nicole & Gustav

The Isle of Skye… Every time I return I’m discovering something new about this magical part of the world.

This emotional wedding on The Isle of Skye took place late last year on a rainy and overcast day when the ferns turn gold, the landscape transitions into an earthy-coloured canvas and the island begins to slow down before winter arrives.

Nicole and Gustav packed their bags and travelled all the way from Los Angeles to tie the knot in a place where they could leave behind their busy lives in the entertainment industry and spend time with the people that meant so much to them.

I met Nicole and Gustav the day before their wedding and one thing I could immediately see was the passion they had for life, each other and their loved ones. .. such kind and humble people!

After talking to some of their family members and getting to know one another a little I also learned that the past couple of years had been extremely difficult with the sudden passing of a very close family member so I knew their wedding in Scotland was going to be extremely emotional for them and for their family.

One moment that I’ll never forget happened during the morning preparations… Nicole’s grandmother who passed away some time ago left behind a necklace that held great sentimental value to Nicole and for many years it went sadly missing. Something incredible happened because just as Nicole’s Mum was packing her bags for Scotland she discovered the missing necklace and brought it with her to Scotland to surprise Nicole on her wedding day.

The moving moment when Nicole’s Mum surprised her with her Grandma’s necklace to wear on her wedding day and she erupted in tears was one that is impossible to forget.

It’s a day that makes me smile when I think about it and I’m really happy that I can finally share this beautiful story with you! Nicole and Gustav’s emotional Isle of Skye Destination wedding at the Fairy Glen.

Hair & Makeup // Skye Beauty Salon & Amm Team
Dress // Odylyne The Ceremony

• Brigi said:

Wow. Just wow. This wedding is so beautiful and just really amazing. Not only that but they now have gorgeous beautiful images to remember this great day. These photos are the most touching and nicest thing I have seen this week. Thank you, you are an inspiration! Surely you already know this, but: Well done!!

• Wow thank you so much for your kind words Brigi! It really means so much to us that these photos touched you and thank you for following our work! x

• Such beautiful work, as always, Dylan. Love the storytelling and emotion you captured. Fantastic!!

• Marcia said:

This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I felt so inspired by these pictures, so in love and enchanted! Thank you for sharing. :)

• Gee thanks so much Marcia!! Thank you for taking the time to check out our work :) x

• It’s always lovely to stumble across your blogs. Amazing work as always and very refreshing.

• Emma said:

Oh my, the sweetest, most gorgeous, love overfilled, stunningly beautiful day! Thank you for sharing, filled my heart.

• Lucci said:

In half of these photos I swore I was looking at Angelina Jolie, Nicole is her long lost twin!

I particularly love how you captured everyone's expressions and personalities, I shared their emotions as I went along with the photo story.

Excellent work you guys! :)

• Thank you so much Lucci! Haha yes I can definitely see a resemblance! I always try and make the effort to get to know close family members a bit as they are an important part of the day! Really helps in capturing their personalities and emotions. :)

• Sarah said:

Omg, I was thinking the same thing!! She's gorgeous.

• Thanks as always mate! I'm sure you recognise some of these spots :)

• In awe, as always. Your work is always captures emotion in the most indescribable way. It's palpable and stunning.

• Thank you so much for the kind words Jordan! Hope you and Trevor and looking after each-other and keeping well! :)

• Kateryna Shulha said:

Really, just stumbled upon this and these photos left me very much emotional. Thank you for your work.

• Sasha Lightmen said:

I cried almost at every single picture. This is so beautiful and intimate! I wish you more couples like this

• Katrina House said:

I have never got so emotional over looking at pictures! Truly stunning work guys

• Louise said:

Time after time you create the most sensual intimate emotional work. I am in awe of your talent. I am secretly hoping you will one day come to Aeroe to document an elopement. Would love to see our little island through your eyes and camera :-)

• Sarah said:

I always feel the emotion in your photos, I love the amazing work you guys put out. So grateful to get to see your stories!!

• Michael said:

Every single frame is so so beautiful. So much emotion captured.

• Ali said:

these are so captivatingly beautiful! where did the reception take place?

• Wow, I have been following you guys for a while, so thought I should comment :) Your work is incredible and very inspiring. I love seeing your new blogs.

• Opi said:

Every single part of every single picture is beautiful. You have a way of making the world look peaceful, alive and dreamlike. Love your work!