The Glencoe Experience II workshop will take place on the 20th and 21st of July 2015 in Edinburgh and a place that is very close to our hearts, Scotland’s very own Glencoe.
This workshop is tailored for those who have just taken their first step into wedding photography and those already on their way but looking for a fresh and different perspective.
We will focus on subjects that we feel are vital in achieving a creativly fulfilling wedding photography business, sharing our experiences, our sources of inspiration and the philosophy that we take with us to every wedding we photograph. The day will be relaxed and focus heavily on networking with like-minded photographers and the sharing of ideas and experiences with everyone involved.
July 20-21, 2015
Day 1 – Timberbush open-plan warehouse-apartment, Edinburgh.
Day 2 – Glencoe!
– Lunch, tea, coffee included on day 1. Snacks included on both days.
– Return transport on Day 2 between Edinburgh and Glencoe included.
– Waterproof walking shoes/boots are essential.
DAY 1 – Edinburgh. Theory. (midday until evening)
– Introduction to the workshop
– Getting to know one another.
OUR THOUGHTS AND APPROACH TO WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
– Telling a story through still images
– Our approach to the wedding day from preparations to the end of the day
– Taking hold of the reigns and making things happen yourself
THE CREATIVE APPROACH TO WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
– Seeing and utilising the full potential of natural light
– Utilising the environment to create your compositions
– Thoughts and theory behind the couple photo-shoot
OUR TOOL KIT (THE TECHNICAL STUFF)
– The camera gear we use and how we use it to achieve our look
WORKFLOW & POST-PRODUCTION
– Lightroom 5 workflow and post-production techniques
ATTRACTING THE RIGHT CLIENTS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
– Blogging and marketing your business through your website/online social networking
– Our process from meeting the client to handing over the photos
—- END OF THE DAY / (WINE & CHEESE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO HANG OUT AND CHAT) —-
DAY 2 – Glencoe. Putting theory into practice. (midday’ish until late evening)
Meeting at around midday (exact time tbc), the group will take a mini bus from Edinburgh to Glencoe where we will spend 2-3 hours photographing an engagement photo shoot-style story of a real couple throughout the many epic locations of Glencoe.
We will apply theory from the day before and show first-hand how we:
– Approach the photo-shoot
– Direct and pose the couple/keep things super-natural
– Spot compositions and interesting elements in the environment
– Create a story from the day
The main objective for the day is to capture and narrate a story using your own unique viewpoint and creative intuition.
—-END OF THE DAY—-
Seats are limited and on a first come first served basis and your payment is your booking confirmation (BACS or Paypal).
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.